Important Care Information Before, During and After Treatment
1) Avoid tweezing, waxing, electrolysis, tanning, tanning agents as this will affect the efficiency, results and the safety of the treatment.
2) Avoid unnecessary sun exposure and photo-sensitising products such as retinoids hydroquinone and tanning agents for at least 30 days before and after treatment.
3) You must commit to wear sunblock and keep treatment area covered from the sun at all times.
Post Treatment Care and Observations
1) Mild sunburn-like sensation is expected. This usually lasts 2-24hours but can persist for up to 72 hours.
2) Mild swelling and/or reddening of the treated areas or around the hair follicles may occur; this is normal and denotes that the treatment has been successful. Side effects will reduce within 24-48 hours.
3) Although most clients do not feel significant discomfort, an Aloe gel can help sooth the area.
4) As a precaution avoid applying perfume, or perfumed body lotions, makeup or deodorant for 48 hours.
5) Avoid heat such as a hot shower, saunas, steam rooms, spa baths and excessive perspiration.
6) Avoid aggressive scrubbing and use of exfoliants, until treatment area has returned to pre-treatment condition.
7) Use a SPF such as a mineral physical sunblock everyday - even when cloudy.
If the Area Treated Feels Tender or Warm
1) Apply ice or cold packs to the treatment area 10-15mins every hour for the next 3-4 hours as needed. An oral anti-inflammatory may be taken to reduce discomfort.
2) If skin blisters or is overly-red apply an antibiotic cream twice a day until symptoms subside.
3) Please advise us immediately if you notice any signs of blistering, infection, persistent pain or pigmentation changes in the treated area.